If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This recipe is most definately a "cabinet vibration" creation as my boyfriend would call it and was simply put together with what was on hand, however is still one of those classic side dishes and comforting too! —JennT1981
- 1 dash non-stick cooking spray
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 2 tablespoons evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup reserved spinach liquid
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons unsalted butter
- 2 1/4 teaspoons flour
- 10 ounces frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan, divided
- 2 tablespoons shredded parmesan, divided
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons ricotta
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In small sauce pan heat milk, reserved spinach liquid and garlic over medium until garlic is tender, about 5 minutes.
- In a separate sauce pan heat butter over medium and add flour.
- Whisk and cook about 3 minutes.
- Slowly pour in milk mixture whisking constantly to prevent lumps from forming.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low and simmer until slightly thickened, about 3 minutes.
- Stir in spinach, parmesan cheeses, cream cheese, ricotta, nutmeg, salt and pepper. Let spinach cook and flavors meld about 5 minutes.
- Lightly grease 4 (5oz.) oven proof ramekins and evenly scoop spinach mixture into each.
- Top off with remaining parmesan cheeses and bake 25 to 30 minutes, until golden and bubbly.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Spinach Recipe