If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: The mushrooms at our local farmers market are pretty impressive. Each Saturday we'll get a different variety to take home and create dishes with. This recipe is traditionally a breakfast or brunch item however it could be served any time of the day, breakfast for dinner anyone? —JennT1981
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 5 ounces frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 8 ounces cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 1 pinch salt, to taste
- 1 pinch pepper, to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup sharp cheddar, shredded
- In a medium skillet heat oil over medium and add spinach.
- Cook 2 to 3 minutes stirring often.
- Add mushrooms and season with salt, pepper, oregano, nutmeg, paprika and cayenne.
- Cook another 3 to 5 minutes until tender.
- Remove from heat and set aside.
- Beat eggs and milk until combined.
- Melt butter over medium heat in a small non-stick skillet and add omelet batter.
- Continue to cook tipping pan and lifting edges allowing raw egg to drip beneath.
- When shape take form and it’s only slightly wet on top layer in spinach and mushroom mix along with cheddar then fold in half.
- Cook another 1 to 2 minutes, flip and cook another 1 to 2 minutes to steam the filling and melt the cheese.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Mushrooms
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Spinach Recipe
This May Be the Best Thing You Can Do with Zucchini
A genius make-ahead summer side
A genius zucchini dish.
Is your cilantro contaminated?
It's time to travel.
Do this for better cold brew.