If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is one of those fresh salads that could be enjoyed anytime but particularly in the summer is ideal. It's both sweet from the strawberries and tart from the lime juices with a creaminess from the avocado and the spinach bringing it all together. —JennT1981
- 12 ounces fresh spinach/spring mix, washed and dried
- 1 pint strawberries, sliced thin
- 2 avocados, pitted and diced
- 1 stalk celery, sliced thin
- 1/4 cup walnuts, chopped
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon key lime juice
- 1 pinch salt, to taste
- 1 pinch pepper, to taste
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- In a large bowl combine spinach, spring mix, strawberries, avocados, celery and walnuts; set aside.
- In a small bowl combine honey, limes juices, salt and pepper then slowly drizzle in olive oil while whisking until slightly thickened.
- Pour dressing over salad and toss gently to coat evenly. Serve immediately.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Brown Bag Lunch
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Strawberries
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Spinach Recipe
Have Your Campari—and Eat It, Too
Granita is really, really great
Spike your granita with campari.
The craziest chip around.
7 food-filled honeymoons.
Savor the season.
This pasta's mint to be.