If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I threw this together one night when I was trying to use the contents of my refrigerator and pantry to bypass a trip to the market. Improvisation set in and this lovely pesto came together with little effort and a lot of taste. I love its versatility. I served it over whole wheat pasta. —testkitchenette
Serves 3 cups, approximately
- 1 pound asparagus, trimmed and cut in half
- 10 ounces fresh spinach
- 1 small package fresh basil
- 1/2 cup almonds, toasted
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon salt, plus more to your taste
- fresh ground pepper
- pinches hot red pepper flakes (optional)
- few tablespoons water, to thin if necessary
- Blanche the asparagus in boiling salted water for 3 minutes. Drain, rinse in cold water, and let dry a bit.
- In a food processor, blitz everything together until well combined. Taste and correct for seasoning.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dish in the Raw
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Spring Vegetable Recipe
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dip
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Spinach Recipe
Orange You Glad?
A better, more carrot-y carrot cake
A more carrot-y carrot cake.
Alice Waters's favorite tools.
Meet beaver tails.
Get your shine on.