If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I am a fan of recreating classic dishes and although this recipe isn't all that original it still is absolutely a delight! - JennT1981
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon unsalted butter
- 1/2 small onion, finely chopped
- 4/3 cups arborio rice
- 3 cups chicken broth, warmed
- 1 cup water, warmed
- 1/2 cup roasted butternut squash puree
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1 pinch salt, to taste
- 1 pinch pepper, to taste
- In a large skillet heat oil and butter over medium and add onions. Cook until pale yellow about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Stir in Arborio rice and continue to cook another 5 to 7 minutes stirring often until slightly toasted.
- Begin adding warm broth-water blend a ladle at a time, dissolving almost completely between additions.
- While stirring in the third ladle also add the butternut puree and mix until smooth and incorporated.
- Once broth is all added and rice is just tender stir in half and half, parmesan, salt and pepper. Warm through a few minutes more and serve immediately.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Butternut Squash
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Risotto (Savory)