Author Notes: I am a fan of recreating classic dishes and although this recipe isn't all that original it still is absolutely a delight! - JennT1981
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon unsalted butter
- 1/2 small onion, finely chopped
- 4/3 cups arborio rice
- 3 cups chicken broth, warmed
- 1 cup water, warmed
- 1/2 cup roasted butternut squash puree
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1 pinch salt, to taste
- 1 pinch pepper, to taste
- In a large skillet heat oil and butter over medium and add onions. Cook until pale yellow about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Stir in Arborio rice and continue to cook another 5 to 7 minutes stirring often until slightly toasted.
- Begin adding warm broth-water blend a ladle at a time, dissolving almost completely between additions.
- While stirring in the third ladle also add the butternut puree and mix until smooth and incorporated.
- Once broth is all added and rice is just tender stir in half and half, parmesan, salt and pepper. Warm through a few minutes more and serve immediately.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Butternut Squash
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Risotto (Savory)