If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I have trouble making risotto when guests are sitting in the living room. I make this for "family" which means close friends who know where the wine is and when to light the candles. I used Jennifer Perillo's "60 minute chicken stock" here, which I was fortunate to have tested for a potential Editors Pick. It was rich and jellied. I suggest a mixed, colorful blend of cherry tomatoes. - Lizthechef
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/3 cup cognac
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 yellow onion, large dice
- 2 stalks celery, large dice
- 2 garlic cloves, small dice
- 2 cups Arborio rice
- 6 cups homemade chicken stock
- 1 cup great-tasting dry, white wine
- kosher salt and ground pepper to taste
- 1 cup mixed colored cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 bunch watercress, stems removed and roughly chopped.
- 4 tablespoons grated Parmesan
- Heat stock and reduce to simmer.
- Heat oil in large heavy-bottomed pot. Add shrimp and cook for 2 minutes, turning once with tongs. Add cognac and cook for one more minute. Turn shrimp and sauce into bowl - cover.
- Melt butter in same pot. Add onion and celery and cook for 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook for an additional minute.
- Add rice to pot and coat with oil and juices for 3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper and add wine, cooking until it is almost absorbed.
- Add first cup (2 ladles) of stock and stir until almost absorbed - repeat 2 more times.
- Stir in tomatoes, parsely and watercress. Add broth in one cup measures until used up. Rice should be tender. Stir in shrimp and cognac "juices". Adjust seasoning.
- Add grated Parmesan and serve.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Shellfish
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Risotto (Savory)
We Need Your Help!
Help us pick the Recipes for the Shore finalists.
We need your help!
A bananas frozen daiquiri.
All you need for Memorial Day.
Community Picks: Lettuce-Free Salad
Mortar and pestle perfection.