If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Great to enjoy at home and also travels well to any party! A layer of hummus and arugula guacamole adds to the deliciousness of this old-time favorite made new. - Avocados from Mexico
Serves 8 to 10
- 1 ½ cups roasted garlic hummus.
- 2 cups chopped red onions.
- 2 tablespoons fresh limejuice.
- 2 ½ teaspoons salt.
- 1 cup sour cream.
- 2 cups chopped cherry tomatoes (red or multi-colored).
Arugula guacamole layer:
- 3 large, ripe Avocados from Mexico, halved, pitted.
- ½ cups Frontera Tomatillo Salsa or bottled tomatillo salsa.
- 1 cup fresh arugula or spinach leaves, finely chopped.
- ½ cups crumbled crisply-cooked thick sliced or applewood-smoked bacon (5 slices, cooked).
- ¼ cups finely crumbled or shredded Mexican queso añejo or romano cheese.
- Hummus Layer. Use a 9-inch by 7-inch by 2 ½-inch (11 cup) rectangular baking dish. Spread the hummus evenly over the bottom of the dish.
- Red onion layer. Put the onions into a colander or strainer and rinse well under cool water. Shake dry and put into a small bowl. Stir in 1 Tbsp of the lime juice, cilantro and ¼ tsp of the salt. Arrange in a single layer over the hummus in the dish.
- Sour cream layer. Mix the sour cream with ¼ tsp salt. Spread in a layer over the onions.
- Tomato layer. Pat the tomatoes dry and mix with 1 tsp salt. Arrange tomatoes over sour cream.
- Guacamole layer. Scoop the avocado pulp out into a medium-size bowl. Coarsely mash with a fork. Stir in salsa, arugula, remaining 1 Tbsp lime juice and about 1 tsp salt. Gently spread the arugula guacamole over the tomatoes. Sprinkle with bacon and cheese. Refrigerate up to 2 hours before serving. Serve with thick tortilla chips, sliced jícama or sliced cucumbers.
Our latest fixations.
The recipes we've tested and loved.
It's Snack Time
Whiskey Peach Smash
What's in, what's out.
Wedding registry must haves.