If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: One of my favorite lunches is to create some sort of spinach salad, usually with hot ingredients over the cool spinach. Today I craved egg yolks, runny and warm. Juxtaposed against the lemon it was refreshing and rich at the same time. Hope you like it as much as I liked consuming it! - coffeefoodwritergirl
- A couple handfuls of organic baby spinach
- a handful of organic cherry tomatoes – slice in half
- drizzle of your best extra virgin olive oil
- juice of half a lemon
- sprinkle of good sea salt (I used Himalayan Pink)
- a few grinds black pepper
- small bunch chives – chopped
- 2 large eggs (organic)
- a capful of white distilled vinegar
- Wash and dry spinach – place on plate. Drizzle with a little olive, squeeze lemon on top; sprinkle with sea salt and a few grinds black pepper. Sprinkle (most of) the chopped chives over all. Save some chopped chives for garnish of eggs. Add cherry tomatoes.
- Poach eggs in a small saucepan of simmering water with a capful of white distilled vinegar until whites are cooked through and yolks are still runny – about 4 mins. depending on how hard your water is simmering.
- Remove eggs with a slotted spoon, leaving any ragged edges in the pan. Place hot, on top of spinach. Garnish eggs with remaining chives and a few grinds of black pepper. Consume immediately while eggs are still warm....
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dark, Leafy Greens
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Holiday Breakfast
Recipe of the Day
Grilled Brie Sandwiches With Honey, Pistachio, and Kale Pesto
When I dip, you dip, we dip.
Style with a breeze.
Our herbs could use a helping hand.
Time to Celebrate!
Food52 takes home the gold.