Author Notes: One of my favorite lunches is to create some sort of spinach salad, usually with hot ingredients over the cool spinach. Today I craved egg yolks, runny and warm. Juxtaposed against the lemon it was refreshing and rich at the same time. Hope you like it as much as I liked consuming it! - coffeefoodwritergirl
- A couple handfuls of organic baby spinach
- a handful of organic cherry tomatoes – slice in half
- drizzle of your best extra virgin olive oil
- juice of half a lemon
- sprinkle of good sea salt (I used Himalayan Pink)
- a few grinds black pepper
- small bunch chives – chopped
- 2 large eggs (organic)
- a capful of white distilled vinegar
- Wash and dry spinach – place on plate. Drizzle with a little olive, squeeze lemon on top; sprinkle with sea salt and a few grinds black pepper. Sprinkle (most of) the chopped chives over all. Save some chopped chives for garnish of eggs. Add cherry tomatoes.
- Poach eggs in a small saucepan of simmering water with a capful of white distilled vinegar until whites are cooked through and yolks are still runny – about 4 mins. depending on how hard your water is simmering.
- Remove eggs with a slotted spoon, leaving any ragged edges in the pan. Place hot, on top of spinach. Garnish eggs with remaining chives and a few grinds of black pepper. Consume immediately while eggs are still warm....
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dark, Leafy Greens
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Holiday Breakfast