Author Notes: A friend celebrated a big 30th birthday, and she asked for several dishes to serve to people at the party. This mini quiche was the perfect two bite treat for everyone. - duodishes
- 2 pre-made pie crusts
- 4 stalks asparagus, chopped
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 12 ounces crab meat, drained
- 1/2 cup Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 tablespoon ground paprika
- 1/2 tablespoon kosher salt
- Lay pie crusts on a lightly floured surface and use a 3″ pastry cutter to cut circles in the dough. Press into two mini cupcake tins and set in the fridge to chill. (Re-roll out the pie crust dough if you need more to make 24 cups.)
- Set a pot of water on the stove over high heat. Once boiling, drop in the asparagus pieces and cook 1-2 minutes or until they turn bright green. Remove with a slotted spoon and drop into a bowl of ice water to cool.
- While asparagus cools, whisk remaining ingredients together with a medium bowl. Add the asparagus pieces and mix well.
- Remove the mini cupcake tins and carefully spoon in the crab mixture. Slide into a preheated oven at 350 degrees and bake 15-20 minutes or until set.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Asparagus Recipe