If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I made this recipe up on the spot the other night after picking up some lovely, tender asparagus at the market. It's delicious, surprisingly light, and makes a perfect spring supper when paired with a roasted salmon fillet dressed with a little olive oil, lemon, salt, and pepper. Enjoy! —gretchenabbott
- 4 shallots, peeled and minced
- 1-2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 1/2 lb asparagus, cut into 2-inch slices
- 1 small yukon gold potato, peeled and diced small
- 1 handful of small cauliflower florets
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 cups vegetable or chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- sour cream
- basil pesto
- salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Melt butter in soup pot.
- Add garlic and shallots. Stir and cook uncovered on low heat for about five minutes.
- Add asparagus, potato, a generous handful of small cauliflower florets, and stock. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover loosely, and simmer gently for about fifteen minutes.
- Add lemon juice and stir into soup. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Puree the soup with a stick blender or mash with a potato masher for a chunky consistency.
- Stir a spoonful of sour cream and a spoonful of pesto into each bowl before serving.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Asparagus Recipe
Genius Recipes for a Genius Labor Day
Beans! Pimento cheese! pies!
Genius recipes for a genius Labor Day.
Ways to a money-saving kitchen.
Alice Waters's favorite tools.
The Hudson Valley's where it's at.
Get your shine on.