If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: It should go like this: Peter Piper picked a peck of pickled peas;
A peck of pickled peas Peter Piper picked;
If Peter Piper picked a peck of pickled peas,
Where's the peck of pickled peas Peter Piper picked? And the answer would be............here they are! - Kitchen Butterfly —Kitchen Butterfly
Food52 Review: WHO: KitchenButterfly is a food blogger and photographer who lives in Nigeria.
WHAT: Spring peas, jazzed up.
HOW: After a quick saute, the peas are left in a bath of vinegars, salt, garlic, mint, and chile overnight.
WHY WE LOVE IT: These have just the right combination of sweet and sour; the peas' sweetness plays off the tartness of the vinegars and the garlic and chile add lots of flavor and heat. They'd lend great bites of flavor to a simple salad or make an easy snack. Plus, they're easy (peasy) to make! —The Editors
- 1 teaspoon vegetable/peanut oil
- 1 cup shelled peas, rinsed and well drained
- 1/2 teaspoon (sea) salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried mint
- 2 tablespoons White wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 1 tablespoon caster sugar
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and smashed
- 1-2 red chilies, chopped and deseeded (if you like)
- In a pan, heat up the oil and add the peas. Stir-fry for 3-4 minutes till the peas change colour and brighten. Turn off heat.
- Add the dried mint and a pinch of salt to taste, followed by the vinegars, sugar, garlic and chopped red chilies
- Stir well so all the ingredients are well mixed. Adjust seasoning to taste.
- Pour in a clean jar and leave overnight for the flavours to blend and marry.
- Serve on a bed of lettuce with tomatoes and oven-fresh/bakery fresh bread!
- This recipe is a Wildcard Contest Winner!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for Spring Peas
No Laffy Matter
How to make peanut butter salt water taffy
How to make salt water taffy.
Independence Day, the no-recipe way.
Free shipping! Use code FIREWORKS.
Just for the halibut.
Savor the season.