If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Thai Crab and Mango Salad - definitely a knock out salad that will blow you away with its beauty and taste! —mtlabor
- 1 cup seasoned rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 mexican red chiles, seeded and minced
- 3 carrots, peeled and julienned
- juice from 1 lemon
- juice from 1 tangerine
- 1 shallot, minced
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon sambal oelek
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 mangoes, peeled and julienned
- 2 cucumbers, peeled and julienned
- 2 bunches watercress, washed and thick stems removed
- 1 tablespoon basil paste
- small handful cilantro, chopped
- 1 pound jumbo lump crab
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced
- In a medium bowl, combine the vinegar, 1/4 cup sugar, and half of the garlic and chiles. Stir until sugar is dissolved. Add the carrots and let sit at room temperature for 1 hour for a quick pickling of sorts.
- In another medium bowl, combine the lemon juice, tangerine juice, shallot, fish sauce, sambal oelek, and water. Stir in remaining garlic, chiles, and 1 tablespoon sugar. Mix until sugar is well dissolved. This is your dressing... and it's phenomenal.
- In a large salad bowl, combine the mango, cucumbers, watercress, basil paste, and cilantro. Drain the carrots, shaking off any extra liquid, and add into the bowl as well. Stir in the dressing and toss well. Place big portion on large plates and top with lump crab meat. Garnish with the scallions and dig in!
Have Your Campari—and Eat It, Too
Granita is really, really great
Spike your granita with campari.
These snacks are independent.
7 food-filled honeymoons.
49 new dinnerware pieces.
A handy saucepan.