Author Notes: This tart originally came from my husband's uncle. It's taken years to get him to share some part of the recipe. It's a unique combination: sweet crust with a savory filling. The crust is buttery and flaky, topped with tangy goat cheese and a combination of mushrooms sauteed in white wine and butter. - DCfoodgrl
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3 handfuls variety of mushrooms, sliced (not too thin)
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1 tablespoon butter or olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 ounces goat cheese
- To make the dough, add all the dough ingredients to food processor and process until combined. It will be sticky, so flour your hands when you handle it.
- Press the dough into a removable bottom fluted tart pan sprayed with a little non-stick cooking spray.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 12 minutes.
- While the crust is baking, sautee the mushrooms in butter or olive oil for a few minutes. Add the wine and continue cooking until the mushrooms are soft and the wine has reduced. Remove from heat.
- Remove the crust and allow it to cool down.
- Sprinkle goat cheese over the crust until it is mostly filled in. Top with the mushroom mixuture and spread over the crust. Press the filling down lightly.
- Bake again in a 350 oven for 25 minutes. The crust will be very flaky so be careful when cutting into it. Enjoy!