If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This tart originally came from my husband's uncle. It's taken years to get him to share some part of the recipe. It's a unique combination: sweet crust with a savory filling. The crust is buttery and flaky, topped with tangy goat cheese and a combination of mushrooms sauteed in white wine and butter. —DCfoodgrl
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3 handfuls variety of mushrooms, sliced (not too thin)
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1 tablespoon butter or olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 ounces goat cheese
- To make the dough, add all the dough ingredients to food processor and process until combined. It will be sticky, so flour your hands when you handle it.
- Press the dough into a removable bottom fluted tart pan sprayed with a little non-stick cooking spray.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 12 minutes.
- While the crust is baking, sautee the mushrooms in butter or olive oil for a few minutes. Add the wine and continue cooking until the mushrooms are soft and the wine has reduced. Remove from heat.
- Remove the crust and allow it to cool down.
- Sprinkle goat cheese over the crust until it is mostly filled in. Top with the mushroom mixuture and spread over the crust. Press the filling down lightly.
- Bake again in a 350 oven for 25 minutes. The crust will be very flaky so be careful when cutting into it. Enjoy!
We're obsessed with savory yogurt
Savory yogurt is whey cool.
A toast to toast.
Shop our new office.
DIY Nutter Butters.
We give it 8 tentacles up.