If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Taking salad for lunch gets boring, so I was looking for an easy way to add Asian flavors to a brown-bag green salad. This one makes lunch at the desk feel like a treat. —AnneF
- 1 1/2 cups arugula
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1 celery stalk, sliced thin & on the bias
- 1 teaspoon peanut oil
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon sriacha hot sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- Wash & dry arugula & put it in your bowl or tupperware.
- Top with carrots, celery, and/or any fresh vegetables that you have on hand. Red pepper is nice. I think this salad liked to be crunchy & chopped fine. Frozen peas are also good--they thaw by lunch time.
- Put all the dressing ingredients, including sesame seeds, into a sandwich-sized ziploc baggie.
- Seal the baggie tight and swish the ingredients around.
- Take to work. Dress the salad at lunch time. Enjoy!
The Daily Grind
Make this Indian spice mix and never go back to pre-ground
You need to make this Indian spice mix.
Show zucchini some love.
It's time to travel.
Blend your plums—seriously.