Author Notes: Taking salad for lunch gets boring, so I was looking for an easy way to add Asian flavors to a brown-bag green salad. This one makes lunch at the desk feel like a treat. - AnneF
- 1 1/2 cup arugula
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1 celery stalk, sliced thin & on the bias
- 1 teaspoon peanut oil
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon sriacha hot sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoon low sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- Wash & dry arugula & put it in your bowl or tupperware.
- Top with carrots, celery, and/or any fresh vegetables that you have on hand. Red pepper is nice. I think this salad liked to be crunchy & chopped fine. Frozen peas are also good--they thaw by lunch time.
- Put all the dressing ingredients, including sesame seeds, into a sandwich-sized ziploc baggie.
- Seal the baggie tight and swish the ingredients around.
- Take to work. Dress the salad at lunch time. Enjoy!