If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: My friend Rose Nammack made this for a party once. It's a no brainer, and people go nuts over it. Because the arugula wilts it tastes delicious but it photographs poorly. The dough must be grilled. I use a gas grill to do this. —Maria Long
- 1 bag of prepared pizza dough from Trader Joe's
- 1 bag if baby arugula
- 1 cup of freshly grated pecorino romano cheese
- 1 big lemon
- salt to taste (don't skimp)
- Freshly ground pepper to taste (also don't skimp)
- 1/2 Cup of extra virgin olive oil (the good stuff)
- 3 BIG cloves of garlic
- Heat your grill to medium /high heat, and remove your dough from the fridge.
- In a big bowl mix the arugula and the cheese, and set aside.
- Add the garlic, the salt, and the pepper to the food processor and chop to a paste.
- Add the juice of the entire lemon to the chopped garlic (no seeds please) and mix for a few seconds.
- With the motor running, slowly drizzle the olive oil through the feeding tube until it all emulsifies and looks thick, and set aside.
- shape your dough into a long rectangle or whatever shape fits your grill the best. An irregular shape is perfect. use a rolling pin or your hands coated in a little flour or cornmeal. don't stretch it to thin or you will get holes.
- Place on the grill and flip it after about two minutes, I use tongs. Grill the other side for about two minutes as well. Flip again and let grill one more minute on each side DON'T walk way, and do use your timer. remove cooked dough and place on cutting board.
- Dress your arugula mix with the sauce from the food processor, and place it on top of the hot pizza and let it wilt a little. Cut and serve
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Pizza
Make 3-ingredient frozen yogurt at home
Never buy frozen yogurt again.
Did you say vacation or cocktail?
Know (and shop) the basics.
The invincible beer can chicken.
The chicest apron around.