Author Notes: This idea came to me in a pinch as a way to doctor up a plain frozen cheese pizza with frozen stir fry mix. Since then we make it fresh with home made dough and custom stir-fry mix. - Derek Heeb
Basic Pizza Dough (two pizzas)
- 1 packet active dry yeast
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1&1/2 cup lukewarm water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups flouer
- Mix yeast with brown sugar and add lukewarm water. Let stand for 10 minutes.
- Add olive oil, then flour and knead until dough is smooth, elastic and not sticky. Add flour as needed while kneading.
- Rub a large mixing bowl with olive oil. Make dough into ball and lace in bowl. Cover with dish towel and let rise for one hour. Begin preparing toppings while you wait.
- After dough has roughly doubled in size, punch down once with fist and let stand for another 10 minutes.
- Roll out into think round pizza shape, about 16” in diameter
Stir-Fry Pizza (two pizzas)
- 1 Basic Pizza dough from above
- 3 cups Shredded Mozzarella cheese
- 4 cups favorite stir-fry ingredients (or frozen mix)
- snap peas
- bell pepper
- bean sprouts
- water chestnuts
- brussel sprouts
- shredded ginger
- bock choy
- Soy sauce
- Red pepper flakes
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Dust corn meal on pizza stone or pizza baking sheet.
- Roll pizza dough into thin circular pizza shape, about 16”.
- Fold the outer edge back in about ½” with corn meal dusting up.
- Lightly smear sauce around with the back of a large spoon. Not too much.
- Sprinkle with shredded mozzarella. Not too much, sauce should be visible through cheese layer.
- Cut your favorite stir fry mix into 1” sized pieces (some suggestions above). Distribute across pizza, not too thick, cheese should be visible through toppings.
- Drizzle pizza with soy sauce
- Bake for about 20 minutes, season with red pepper flakes as desired, and enjoy with your favorite light beer!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Pizza