If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This idea came to me in a pinch as a way to doctor up a plain frozen cheese pizza with frozen stir fry mix. Since then we make it fresh with home made dough and custom stir-fry mix. —Derek Heeb
Basic Pizza Dough (two pizzas)
- 1 packet active dry yeast
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1&1/2 cups lukewarm water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups flouer
- Mix yeast with brown sugar and add lukewarm water. Let stand for 10 minutes.
- Add olive oil, then flour and knead until dough is smooth, elastic and not sticky. Add flour as needed while kneading.
- Rub a large mixing bowl with olive oil. Make dough into ball and lace in bowl. Cover with dish towel and let rise for one hour. Begin preparing toppings while you wait.
- After dough has roughly doubled in size, punch down once with fist and let stand for another 10 minutes.
- Roll out into think round pizza shape, about 16” in diameter
Stir-Fry Pizza (two pizzas)
- 1 Basic Pizza dough from above
- 3 cups Shredded Mozzarella cheese
- 4 cups favorite stir-fry ingredients (or frozen mix)
- snap peas
- bell pepper
- bean sprouts
- water chestnuts
- brussel sprouts
- shredded ginger
- bock choy
- Soy sauce
- Red pepper flakes
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Dust corn meal on pizza stone or pizza baking sheet.
- Roll pizza dough into thin circular pizza shape, about 16”.
- Fold the outer edge back in about ½” with corn meal dusting up.
- Lightly smear sauce around with the back of a large spoon. Not too much.
- Sprinkle with shredded mozzarella. Not too much, sauce should be visible through cheese layer.
- Cut your favorite stir fry mix into 1” sized pieces (some suggestions above). Distribute across pizza, not too thick, cheese should be visible through toppings.
- Drizzle pizza with soy sauce
- Bake for about 20 minutes, season with red pepper flakes as desired, and enjoy with your favorite light beer!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Pizza
Dang Good Dough
Beaver tails might be the best fair food—ever
Meet beaver tails.
Bring some flare to your cookout.
Life's better with snacks.
Oh, cluck yeah.
A better basket.