Author Notes: I first had this at a New Year's party. I am embarrassed to say that I may have eaten most of it. I was given a quick brief from the hostess about how to prepare it. This is what I came up with. - ourlastsupper
- 1 eggplant, 1-2 pounds
- 2/3 cups Olive Oil
- 4 Cloves garlic, minced or pressed
- 4 tablespoons Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Thai Chilies, minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cut eggplant in half and then into 1/4” half moons.
- Sprinkle eggplant slices with kosher salt and let stand in a colander for 30 minutes to an hour to draw moisture out of the eggplant. Give the slices a quick rinse to remove most of the salt without saturating the eggplant. Place the slices between two clean kitchen towels to dry off.
- Combine olive oil, garlic, 4 T balsamic vinegar, chilies and salt and pepper.
- Lay Eggplant in a flat dish and cover with marinade. Let stand for 15 minutes.
- Grill eggplant slices over medium high heat (350-400) for approximately 2-3 minutes a side, or until you get good grill marks.
- Remove from grill and sprinkle with remaining 2T balsamic vinegar and chopped parsley. The eggplant can can be served immediately or at room temperature.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Picnic Dish
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Eggplant Recipe