If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I first had this at a New Year's party. I am embarrassed to say that I may have eaten most of it. I was given a quick brief from the hostess about how to prepare it. This is what I came up with. - ourlastsupper
- 1 eggplant, 1-2 pounds
- 2/3 cups Olive Oil
- 4 Cloves garlic, minced or pressed
- 4 tablespoons Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Thai Chilies, minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cut eggplant in half and then into 1/4” half moons.
- Sprinkle eggplant slices with kosher salt and let stand in a colander for 30 minutes to an hour to draw moisture out of the eggplant. Give the slices a quick rinse to remove most of the salt without saturating the eggplant. Place the slices between two clean kitchen towels to dry off.
- Combine olive oil, garlic, 4 T balsamic vinegar, chilies and salt and pepper.
- Lay Eggplant in a flat dish and cover with marinade. Let stand for 15 minutes.
- Grill eggplant slices over medium high heat (350-400) for approximately 2-3 minutes a side, or until you get good grill marks.
- Remove from grill and sprinkle with remaining 2T balsamic vinegar and chopped parsley. The eggplant can can be served immediately or at room temperature.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Picnic Dish
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Eggplant Recipe