Author Notes: I've always thought the basic premise for jalapeno poppers was good - hot peppers and cheese - but I couldn't get around all that breading. With a record crop this year (at last count, three plants - produced 74 jalapenos!), it was time to figure out a better way. Watch them disappear. - MrsWheelbarrow
- 12 medium jalapenos
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 4 ounces grated cheddar or jack cheese
- Healthy squeeze of sriracha
- 4 slices proscuitto
- Wearing gloves, split jalapenos lengthwise and scoop out the seeds. Leave the stem, if possible.
- Mix together cheeses and sriracha sauce to taste.
- Stuff the jalapeno halves with the cheese. Drape a piece of proscuitto over the top.
- Bake at 400 for about 10 minutes. Allow to cool a minute or two before serving.