If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I wanted to create a colorful bean salad with a kick, so I used lemon juice and garlic, as well as throwing in some red onion. The mild cannellini and yellow wax beans complement the stronger grilled asparagus and celery flavors. Easy to make and tastes great both hot or cold! - ChefLee
- 1 pound yellow wax beans, cut into 2" pieces (ends removed)
- 1 can (19 oz) cannellini beans
- 1/4 red onion, diced
- 1 celery stalk, leaves removed, thinly sliced
- 1 bunch asparagus, cut into 2” pieces
- 1 bunch arugula
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 lemon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 3 cloves garlic, diced
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil and submerge yellow beans (preferably in a basket) into the boiling water for three-four minutes. Take the blanched yellow beans out of the pot of boiling water and immediately put them in a pot of ice cold water. Let sit until beans are cold to touch.
- Meanwhile, over medium heat, place asparagus in a grill pan coated with cooking spray. Cook until tender, about 8 minutes, and then remove and place in a large mixing bowl.
- In a small pot, heat cannellini beans until warm and then drain in a strainer. Place beans into the bowl.
- Add yellow wax beans, celery, garlic, and red onion to the bowl.
- Squeeze the lemon and pour olive oil over the bean mixture. Add parsley, salt, and pepper, thoroughly mixing to make sure everything is coated.
- Serve over arugula. (Can be eaten warm or cold.)
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best String Bean Salad