If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: An aging English artist made a salad like this for me one hot summer day, as an unfiltered Camel hung from his lip... The flavor of the salad made me forgive the cigarette. The combination seemed unlikely, but it is now my favorite picnic salad: bright with vinegar, crunchy with dill and green onions, soft and creamy from the potatoes, with a hint of the fish and chip shop! Apply the dressing while the potatoes are hot: it is important that they absorb the oil and vinegar. —Marie Viljoen
- 2 pounds small red -skinned potatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup good cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- copious amounts of black pepper
- 1/3 cup EV olive oil
- 1 bunch scallions, cleaned and chopped (greens, too)
- 1 bunch fresh dill, chopped (yield = 3/4 cup)
- Cook the potatoes in boiling water to which you've added some salt.
- While they are cooking thoroughly whisk together the vinegar, salt, sugar, pepper and oil.
- Drain potatoes when just-cooked.
- In a large bowl add the dressing to the hot potatoes and stir gently.
- Add the dill and scallions and mix well.I use my hands in order not to break the potatoes too much.
- Lick your fingers.
- The salad is very good warm, and equally good cold, later.
We're obsessed with savory yogurt
Savory yogurt is whey cool.
A toast to toast.
Shop our new office.
DIY Nutter Butters.
We give it 8 tentacles up.