If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Here is a lighter dish for those terribly hot summer days. Please note, you can substitute the lima beans for any legume which is in season. Enjoy! - homebytherange
For the Salad
- 1/2 bunch arugula
- 1/2 bunch watercress
- 1/2 pound frozen organic lima beans or snap peas
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup cold press extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
Bread & Gremolata
- Crunchy Bread (I use filone)
- 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- 2-3 cloves of minced garlic
- For the lemon vinaigrette, mix lemon juice, dijon mustard and seasoning in a small bowl until incorporated. Slowly whisk in extra virgin olive oil until emulsified, refrigerate.
- For the gremolata, finely grate rind of 1 lemon. Transfer to small bowl. Mix in parsley and garlic, refrigerate.
- For the salad, trim and clean the watercress and arugula. Clean by soaking and allowing the grit to fall to the bottom of the bowl. Rinse approximately 2 to 3 times or until all grit is removed. Dry the watercress and arugula really well using a salad spinner or towels and set aside.
- For the beans/peas, heat a saute pan with 2 tablespoons of olive oil over a medium flame. Add lima beans/snap peas and roasted red pepper flakes. Saute for 5 to 10 minutes until peas are just heated through, set aside.
- To plate, cut 1/2 inch slices of bread and toast until golden brown. Spread gremolata on top of bread. Add lima beans/snap peas to top of bread. Toss watercress and arugula with a few teaspoons of the lemon vinaigrette, do not over dress the greens. Serve with shaved San Tumas Valtellina (a hard goat cheese from Italy). Note, if San Tumas Valtellina is unavailable you can use a firm to hard pecorino as a substitute. Enjoy!
It's Time to Rhyme
The staff at Food52 give us their best haikus.
Do you haiku?
It's Snack Time
Whiskey Peach Smash
Bake yourself breakfast.
Calling all recipe testers!