If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I was sick of romaine and iceberg! I wanted a salad that was hearty enough to survive the commute to work, full of iron and nutrition so that I didn't have to boil broccoli as often, and easy to prepare and be versatile! I stumbled upon a discounted back of calvo nero kale at the store and thought, "Hmm, what's this?" A quick search found that I could steam it -- and it's been a favorite ever since. - aaraney
Makes 2-3 salads (per bag of kale)
- 1 packet calvo nero kale
- 1 cup water
- Wash kale thoroughly, cut kale into large pieces -- no smaller than 1 square inch each.
- Fill a pan with 1 cup of water (just about an inch from the bottom) and place a steamer basked into the pan, bring water to a boil.
- Place kale into steamer basket, cover and steam for 2-4 minutes -- kale will be a bright, shiny dark green/black color. .
- Remove Kale from steamer basket, place in a bowl and allow to cool. Then, place in sealable containers (big enough for one salad) and place in refrigerator
- When ready for a salad -- open a container -- add your choice of ingredients. Tomatoes, pine nuts, shaved carrots, raisins.
- In a small container, pour 2 tsp of olive oil, 2 tsp balsalmic vinegar. Shake and pour onto salad when ready. Shake salad in container to evenly distribute dressing!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Way to Cook Greens
A Comic(al) Way to Cook
A classic cookbook goes illustrated.
Cooking the classics from comics.
Memorial Day made easy.
All you need for Memorial Day.
Kothu paratha: one-upping one-pot meals.
Mortar and pestle perfection.