Author Notes: Living in Southern California has afforded me many luxuries, including a year round garden. Growing up in upstate New York, this thought was a mere apparition for many years. As part of a "Porch to Plate" series of posts, featuring at least three items coming from our teeny but prolific patio garden, this recipe was born. - Socalsustenance
- 1/2 cup couscous, prepared
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup summer squash, diced
- 2 large cucumbers
- 1 tablespoon fresh scallions, chopped
- Prepare couscous as instructed, and chill in refrigerator.
- In a small saute pan, heat olive oil over medium heat.
- Saute diced squash and garlic in olive oil for 4-5 minutes, until garlic is fragrant.
- Add squash mixture to chilled prepared couscous, and season with salt and pepper.
- Return couscous mixture to refrigerator to chill for 20-25 minutes.
- Slice washed cucumbers into 3/4" inch rounds
- Scoop out seeded center area through 2/3 of the thickness of a slice
- Heap rounded teaspoons of chilled couscous mixture atop the cucumber rounds.
- Garnish with chopped scallions, chill and serve.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Cucumber Recipe