If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I used a blender to puree the fennel, onion, and apple, but I think a good variation on this would be to simply sqeeze lemon over them, splash on a little white wine, toss, and put them on the pizza as a topping. - clintonhillbilly
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1-2 tbsp fresh chopped thyme
- 8 ounces ricotta
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 fennel bulb, sliced
- 1/2 large onion
- 1 apple, diced
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 2 splashes white wine
- 1 splash white balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 package prepared pizza dough
- Combine ricotta with honey, lemon zest, 1 tbsp lemon juice, and chopped thyme.
- Heat grill to high. Place fennel slices and 1/2 onion on grill. Do not slice the onion. Don't worry if you lose a few fennel slices through the grate. When they are browned, flip them. Tongs are easier than a spatula so that you can place them back on the grate without losing them.
- Remove onion and fennel from grill and chop.
- Combine diced apples. pine nuts, and chopped fennel and onion in a bowl or in a blender.
- If using as a topping, splash on a little white wine vinegar squeeze half a lemon over mixture, grind on some black pepper, and toss. If making a sauce, puree, adding a little water.
- Roll out pizza dough and oil both sides with olive oil. Place on grill and flip after 1-2 minutes.
- Remove from grill and top with ricotta and fennel topping to taste. Place back on the grill for a minute or two if desired.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Fresh Ricotta
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Use of Lemon, Thyme and a Grill