If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Let me just say, I know this isn't the sort of recipe you have never heard of before. The truth is, as I have told you before, I need ways to use up some of the tomatoes I grew this summer. I like this at lunch with other traditional summer dishes - like potato salad. You can also serve it at dinner as a side dish though. Of course, it is a wonderful and quick thing to bring to a backyard bar-b-que too. Nothing flashy. Nothing new. Nothing revolutionary. Just a simple recipe. Enjoy! - cooking4carnivores
- 2-3 medium tomatoes
- 1 large cucumber
- kosher salt and freshly ground pepper,
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 small red onion (optional)
- To make this dish, which helps you cling to summer a bit longer, simply slice a few medium tomatoes and a large cucumber.
- Toss them in a large bowl with kosher salt, freshly ground pepper, 2 tablespoons of red wine vinegar, and 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Place them in a shallow dish, cover, and chill in the refrigerator for at least thirty minutes to let the flavors soak in and chill the veggies.
- You can also add in a little onion sliced thin if you like.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Cucumber Recipe