If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This started out as a tzatziki sauce. I, however, have never been able to follow a recipe in my entire life. A little bit of this, a little bit of that and let's see what this mad scientist can create. Due to the fact that I am addicted to this sauce, I needed to add some herbs to it that would serve a purpose for me aside from satisfying my urge to consume it all the tiime. Therefore, my creation has properties such as: diuretic, antihistamine, blood cleanser, coolant, immune builder, digestive aid, etc.etc. etc. I just can't seem to leave well enough alone. There's always room for improvement. :) - Bear
Makes 5 cups
- 4 tablespoons LEMON JUICE
- 4-10 CLOVES OF GARLIC (ACCORDING TO TASTE), FINELY CHOPPED
- 4 tablespoons EXTRA VIRGIN OLIVE OIL
- 3 tablespoons CELERY SEED
- 1 tablespoon DILL WEED
- 2 tablespoons DILL SEED
- 3 tablespoons PEPPERMINT
- 3 tablespoons NETTLE
- 2 CUCUMBERS (SEEDS REMOVED) OR 1 ENGLISH CUCUMBER, DICED
- 32 ounces PLAIN GREEK YOGURT
- 1/4 - 1/2 teaspoons SEA SALT
- 1/4 - 1/2 teaspoons BLACK PEPPER (OPTIONAL)
- 1 - 3 tablespoons POWDERED GARLIC (OPTIONAL, USE ACCORDING TO YOUR OWN TASTE)
- Combine lemon juice, finely chopped garlic, olive oil, celery seed, dill weed, dill seed, peppermint, nettle, black pepper (optional), garlic powder (optional) in a medium bowl. Mix thoroughly. Let marinate for approximately 30 minutes. In the meantime, peel, deseed (if needed) and dice cucumber (s). Put cucumbers in drainer or collander over a bowl and sprinkle with sea salt, Let drain approximately 30 minutes. After 30 minutes, add cucumbers to marinade mixture and mix thoroughly. Fold greek yogurt into the mixture and again, thoroughly mix together. Best to put this in the refrigerator overnight to bring out the best of each herb and flavor. However, if you are in a hurry for a dip, this can also be made up and served chilled immediately. This can be used as a dip for vegetables or it can be served as a side "dip" for fish. I love serving it with tuna or salmon. Yummy!!! Either way....ENJOY!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Cucumber Recipe