If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: These cute little chicken parm appetizers are always a hit at parties! I use a ground chicken mixture to encase the little mozzarella balls and then coat the balls in panko so they are crispy on the outside like chicken parm. Then I serve the meatballs with a marinara dipping sauce - yum! - Kerstin
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped shallots
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1 1/4 cups panko
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 16 small fresh mozzarella balls (bocconcini)
- 1/2 cup of your favorite marinara sauce
- Preheat oven to 350?F. Heat olive oil over medium high heat in a small skillet and sauté shallots for 5 minutes or until soft. Add garlic and sauté one additional minute.
- Lightly mix together shallots, ground chicken, 1/4 cup panko, oregano, basil, and salt in a large bowl. Carefully encase each mozzarella ball evenly with ground chicken mixture and then roll each ball in remaining 1 cup panko until evenly coated. Place balls on a greased cookie sheet and bake for 20 minutes at 350?F or until chicken is cooked through. Place a toothpick in each ball and serve alongside the marinara sauce. Makes 8 servings.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best One-Bite Party Snack
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Open House Dish
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Meatballs
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe Using Fresh Mozzarella