If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I got the inspiration of this dish from strawberry shortcake. I had had some strawberry shortcake left over before but it was getting too dry, so I just decided to make breadpudding adding some lemon juice and syrup. Now, I used rhubarb and fresh mozzarella cheese to make rhubarb breadpudding with balsamic reduction instead of using strawberry and cream. – Yoonjoo Lee
- • 1/4 ball fresh mozzarella cheese, cubed
- • 1/4 stalk of rhubarb, diced
- • 2 slices of whole wheat bread, diced & toasted
- • 4-5 basil leaves, chopped and 2 leaves for garnish
- • 2 table spoons balsamic vinegar
- • 1 table spoon red wine vinegar
- • 1 table spoon honey (or sugar)
- • Salt
- • Freshly ground pepper
- • Olive oil
- Combine balsamic & red wine vinegar with honey and bring it to a boil.
- Add diced rhubarb into the sauce pan and simmer it.
- Meanwhile toast the bread with little bit of olive oil.
- Combine rhubarb mixture and toasted bread with chopped basil seasoning with salt and pepper.
- Assemble rhubarb & bread mixture on the plate and put mozzarella cubes on the top of breadpudding.
- Sprinkle with little bit of fresh ground pepper.
- Garnish with basil leaves on top of the mozzarella and serve.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe Using Fresh Mozzarella
Egyptian Street Food at Home
Spend quality time with The Cairo Kitchen.
The Cairo Kitchen
Boost your Bagel
Fire up the grill.
Dipped Walnut Tongs
Portable picnic snacks.