If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I came up with this recipe on a recent beautiful sunny day-when it wasn't too hot but the sun was shining so brightly and the air felt so fresh (I was still in my quiet neighborhood in Brooklyn...not in the crazy concrete jungle). The importance of fresh ingredients in this recipe is key! It's really nice to enjoy this salad with a crisp white wine, while outside. —Mariya
- 2 pounds fresh sun ripened tomatoes
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 whole wheat or multi grain baguettes
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1.5 pounds smoked mozzarella
- 1 bunch fresh basil plus extra for garnish
- 1/4 cup + 1 T olive oil
- 3 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- Cut the tomatoes in half, brush all over with olive oil, and season with salt and pepper. Set them, cut side up, on a cooling rack and place on a preheated grill (you can also set the brushed tomatoes directly on a oiled grill pan on your stove, under medium-high heat). Cook, turning two-three times, until the tomatoes are soft through ~8-12 minutes; remove and cool on a rack.
- Slice the baguette into 1 inch thick slices. Brush with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill the baguette on medium high heat, turning once, until beautiful grill marks appear and the bread is nicely toasted; remove and reserve with a loose foil cover.
- Slice the mozzarella into 1/4 inch thick rounds, then quarter the rounds; separate the pieces and place into a bowl.
- Thinly slice (jullienne) the basil and put into the mozzarella bowl.
- Add 1/4 cup+ 1T olive oil and the vinegar to the bowl and season well with paprika, nutmeg, salt, and pepper.
- Add the cooled tomatoes to the bowl and gently toss. Serve with the grilled olive oil bread and enjoy!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe Using Fresh Mozzarella
How to make lemonade without a recipe
Lemonade, sans recipe.
Last day for free shipping! Use code FIREWORKS.
7 food-filled honeymoons.
Green pesto is so last summer.
Savor the season.