If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This salad was inspired by the fabulous fresh mozzarella cheese made by my friend Paula Lambert at The Mozzarella Company in Dallas, TX. The flavors are reminiscent of a very gooey casserole of crab, spinach and cheese I made years ago – but with a much lighter, fresher touch. - ChefJune
- 2 pounds fresh spinach, well washed, dried and stemmed
- 24 cooked crab claws
- 1 pound fior de latte (fresh mozzarella balls)
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard (I use Fallot)
- juice of half a lemon
- 6 tablespoons top-quality, fruity extra-virgin olive oil.
- 1 basket grape tomatoes for garnish
- a few tarragon sprigs for garnish
- Divide the spinach between 6 serving plates or salad bowls. Then crack the crab claws and place 4 on each salad, followed by 4 or 5 mozzarella balls, halved.
- In a small bowl, whisk the mustard and lemon juice together. Drizzle in the olive oil, whisking all the while, to make an emulsion. Drizzle some of this dressing over each salad. Garnish with grape tomatoes and tarragon sprigs.
- Wine tip: A young Chablis is a perfect complement to the luscious crabmeat and mozzarella in this salad.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Lettuce
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dish in the Raw
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe Using Fresh Mozzarella
Breakfast for breakfast, lunch, or dinner.
When I dip, you dip, we dip.
Style with a breeze.
Genius, explained at last.
White and Grey Ceramic Vase
For fresh blooms.