Author Notes: Creamy and a little spicy - this is a favorite summer side dish. But it's also good on it's own over rice. - apartmentcooker
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 red onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 summer squash, diced
- 1 basket mushrooms, quartered
- salt, to taste
- 2 tablespoons red curry paste (or more to taste)
- 1 (14 oz) can coconut milk
- fresh chopped cilantro, as needed for garnish
- Heat the oil in a large saute pan over medium heat. Add the onion and saute until tender, about 4-5 minutes. Add the garlic and saute until fragrant, about 1 minute more.
- Add the squash and mushrooms, and saute until beginning to become tender, about 3-4 minutes. Season with salt.
- Add the curry paste, and toss with the vegetables to disperse. Add the coconut milk and toss to combine and help dissolve the curry paste.
- Bring the mixture to a simmer over medium heat. Simmer until the sauce has thickened slightly and the vegetables are completely tender. Garnish with cilantro.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Summer Squash Recipe