If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Creamy and a little spicy - this is a favorite summer side dish. But it's also good on it's own over rice. —erinmcdowell
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 red onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 summer squash, diced
- 1 basket mushrooms, quartered
- salt, to taste
- 2 tablespoons red curry paste (or more to taste)
- 1 (14 oz) can coconut milk
- fresh chopped cilantro, as needed for garnish
- Heat the oil in a large saute pan over medium heat. Add the onion and saute until tender, about 4-5 minutes. Add the garlic and saute until fragrant, about 1 minute more.
- Add the squash and mushrooms, and saute until beginning to become tender, about 3-4 minutes. Season with salt.
- Add the curry paste, and toss with the vegetables to disperse. Add the coconut milk and toss to combine and help dissolve the curry paste.
- Bring the mixture to a simmer over medium heat. Simmer until the sauce has thickened slightly and the vegetables are completely tender. Garnish with cilantro.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Summer Squash Recipe
Make Fruit Caramel
A case for blending your plums
Blend your plums—seriously.
Burnt Toast: Episode 11
It's time to travel.
You need to make this Indian spice mix.
Off to market.