If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Low and behold gluten gets to me and I don't eat meat. What's a gal to do at a BBQ when there's pressure to eat well and be cool? These burgers have been the lucky ingredient to BBQ bliss... - Smartwork
Serves 12 lucky people
- 1 cup cooked whole grain brown rice
- 1/2 cup cooked wild rice
- 1 cup gluten free bread cubed the size of dice
- 1/2 cup cooked yellow squash finely chopped
- 1/2 cup cooked zucchini finely chopped
- 1/4 - 1/2 cups chunky hot salsa drained of liquid (fresh is best)
- enuf extra virgin olive oil mixed with kosher salt, pepper to taste and a pinch of cumin
- This recipe becomes even easier if you purchase precooked brown and wild rice. Mix ingredients in a mixing bowl and form fistful balls with the mixture. Add salsa last in an amount that allows all the ingredients to mingle. Roll balls in olive oil mixture and form into a patty to grill OR precook patties in olive oil in a frying pan and bring patties to the BBQ to heat up. Serve topped with chunky salsa, condiments of your delight and your favorite lucky buns. Fun!
- Unlucky version: If you enjoy onions and garlic, you can add 2 gloves garlic and 1 small yellow onion sauteed in olive oil with the zucchini and yellow squash cooked in the last three minutes (after the onion begins to brown slightly). The addition of onions and garlic may not make you so lucky but sometimes the extra taste is worth it.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Summer Squash Recipe