If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Looking for a different and interesting appetizer? This should do it! - mtlabor
Makes 15-20 balls
- 2 cups garlic mashed potatoes
- 1/2 pound ground pork
- 1 shallot, diced
- 1/4 cup button mushrooms, diced
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon chinese 5 spice
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1-2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- vegetable oil, for frying
- In a medium bowl, mix the ground pork, shallot, mushrooms, sugar, fish sauce, soy sauce, salt, pepper, and chinese 5 spice.
- Heat a large skillet under medium high heat and add 1 tablespoon olive oil. Cook pork mixture until browned and broken up. Turn off heat and set aside to cool.
- Once the pork mixture is cooled, mix in with mashed potatoes. Season with salt and pepper, if needed.
- Shape the mixture into small to medium sized balls, about 1 to 1 & 1/2 inch in diameter should be fine. Dip each ball into the flour, shaking off any excess. Then dip in eggs, and roll in panko.
- Heat a large dutch oven under medium high heat and fill with about 3 inches of oil. When temperature is about 350 F, start heating balls in batches, about 5 balls per batch should do it. Fry until golden brown, about 3 minutes or so, and drain on paper towels.
- Serve with sriracha sauce!
A Better Way to Prepare Asparagus
Plus a genius dressing.
A better way to prepare asparagus.
Your Memorial Day menu made easy.
Freshen up for spring.
Meat-free Memorial Day recipes.
Drink better coffee.