If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: As a vegan I am continuously trying to find delicious recipes that my friends and family can eat, but most importantly ENJOY along with me. —xkittenesquex
- 6 roma tomatoes (diced)
- 2 cloves garlic (chopped)
- 2 cloves garlic (peeled)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 1/4 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil (chopped)
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh cracked pepper
- 8 slices fresh italian bread (about 1 inch thick)
- 2 tablespoons grated cheese (parmigiano-reggiano or vegan parm)
- Whisk together chopped garlic, vinegar, salt, pepper, and basil.
- When combined slowly drizzle in oil.
- Add tomatoes and let sit for 20 minutes at room temp.
- Meanwhile back at the bat cave, toast the bread.
- This can be done either in the toaster (if it's got really wide slots) or under the broiler (if using this method watch closely so it doesn't become a brickette).
- When the bread is toasted rub each piece, on one side, with the whole garlic pieces.
- Place the bread on a cookie sheet and top with tomato mixture
- Sprinkle on a little cheese and broil till the cheese melts (you can skip that last broiling bit and it's equally as wonderful).
- Serve immediately and accept compliments.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe Using Fresh Basil
Toppings That Are out of the Park
How to make one haute dog
Out of the park toppings.
Life's a beach.
It's time to travel.
Food blog links we love.
Put cake on a pedestal.