If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I love squash blossoms stuffed with goat cheese, rolled in egg wash and panko flakes, then sauteed until golden. But quite honestly, the summer months make me pretty lazy. So I've started just sauteing squash blossoms, then throwing little bits of goat cheese on top of them. Last week, I found that figs were in season and remembered how tasty figs and goat cheese are... and I must say, this salad is killer. - MissGinsu
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 6-8 squash blossoms, stems and stamens removed
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pinch salt, or to taste
- 1 dash fresh pepper, or to taste
- 2 cups mixed salad greens
- 2-3 fresh figs, stems removed
- 2 tablespoons fresh goat cheese
- In a medium-sized saute pan over medium-high heat, warm the vegetable oil until it shimmers in the pan.
- Add the squash blossoms to the pan, cooking them about 2 minutes before turning them over. Continue cooking and turning the blossoms until all sides take on a golden color, then move the blossoms to a paper towel to drain and cool.
- Create the vinaigrette by pouring the balsamic vinegar in a medium-sized mixing bowl and adding the olive oil to the bowl in a slow stream, whisking all the while.
- Once the oil is incorporated into the vinegar, whisk in salt and pepper, to taste.
- Add the mixed greens into the vinaigrette bowl and toss to coat. Distribute the mixed salad greens between the plates.
- Slice the figs into quarters and divide evenly across the salad greens.
- Divide the cooled squash blossoms between the salads.
- Pinch off bits of the goat cheese and place the bits atop the salads, dividing evenly between the plates.
- Serve immediately.
Have a Brew-ti-ful Day
Shop our newest caffeinated collection.
Everything you need for coffee and tea.
Your Memorial Day menu made easy.
The final step to a genius dinner party.
A list of things we like.
Add flower power to your espresso.