If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Having just returned from Budapest, I am ready to try out my paprika collection on recipes. This is a very easy basic recipe that offers a Hungarian flare. - Sagegreen
- 1 pound excellent quality ground beef (sirloin and chuck mix)
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- 1 tablespoon flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon sweet red paprika, Hungarian
- generous pinch of kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon dry red wine
- 1/2 cup sour cream for garnish
- sprinkle of sweet paprika for garnish
- sprig of fresh thyme and parsley for garnish
- 4 suggested toasted Kaiser rolls
- Prepare your grill.
- Mix your beef, herbs, spices, salt, wine, and lemon zest together and shape into 4 patties.
- Grill 2-4 minutes per side, depending upon your thickness, heat of the grill, and desired level of "doneness."
- Garnish with sour cream, herbs, and a sprinkle of sweet paprika. Serve each on a toasted roll, such as a Kaiser roll.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Beef Burgers
This Menu's No Impasta
A winner of a chicken dinner from across the pond.
An Italian menu that's no impasta.
Shore-fire recipes for the beach.
Treats for your beach bag.
Raise a (recycled) glass.