Author Notes: This is a 10 minute, summer fresh and easy recipe. It incorporates my love of herbs, fresh produce and pasta. A variety of colored heirloom tomatos makes for a beautiful presentation! Fit for family or company! - herbgirl1847
- 1 bag good quality large cheese ravioli
- 1 cup shaved parmesean cheese
- 3/4 cups toasted pine nuts
- 1 1/2 cup mixed heirloom tomatos
- 1/2 cup julienned fresh basil
- extra virgin olive oil
- Cook ravioli according to package direction.
- Prepare the rest of the ingredients while the ravioli is cooking. Shave the parmesean cheese.
- Julienne the fresh basil.
- Toast the pine nuts in a pan oved a med-low heat watching carefully so they do not burn. Stir frequently.
- Wash, dry and chop the heirloom tomatos into 3/4 inch dice. Drain on a paper towel so they are not too wet.
- Next, when the ravioli is cooked, drain well in a colander. Place on plate. Top with parmesean cheese, tomatos, basil and toasted pine nuts, in that order. When done lightly drizzle the extra virgin oil over the top.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe Using Heirloom Tomatoes