If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: When the tomato and corn harvest comes, this salad appears on our table as a summer staple. Grilling the corn elicits the most wonderful sweetness, and the use of fresh squeezed lime juice in the dressing makes the whole dish sparkle. You can use either cherry tomatoes or heirlooms, or combine the two. - Bevi —Bevi
Food52 Review: This is a great, fresh-tasting salad that combines the sweetness of grilled corn with the abundance of the season’s tomatoes. The addition of lime juice ups the tartness of tomatoes at this time of year, a perfect counterbalance to the sweet corn. I also tried it with the addition of cubes of avocado, served on a bed of lettuce. It made for a light lunchtime salad. – Ecmtl —The Editors
Serves 2 quarts
- 6 ears corn, husked
- 4 cups tomatoes, chopped coarsely ( you can also use cherry tomatoes and halve or quarter them)
- 1/2 cup Vidalia onion, diced
- 1/2 cup Parsley ( flat leafed or curly) chopped
- 1/2 jalapeno pepper, minced
- 1/2 cup Good olive oil
- juice of one lime
- Kosher or sea salt, to taste
- Ground black pepper, to taste
- Rub the husked corn with a little olive oil, salt, and pepper. Place on outdoor grill and turn until some of the kernels are a little blackened.
- With a sharp knife, remove the kernels from the cobs. Be sure to then use the dull side of the knife blade to scrape off the "milk". Place in a medium sized bowl.
- Put all the rest of the chopped and minced ingredients in the bowl with the corn.
- Make a dressing with the olive oil and lime juice; season to taste with salt and pepper. Pour into the bowl with all the ingredients, and mix thoroughly.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for Lettuce-Free Salad
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Corn
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Portable Side
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Corn off the Cob
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Chili Pepper Recipe
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Corn Recipe
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe Using Heirloom Tomatoes
This May Be the Best Thing You Can Do with Zucchini
A genius make-ahead summer side
A genius zucchini dish.
Is your cilantro contaminated?
It's time to travel.
Do this for better cold brew.