Author Notes: This year I planted a garden for the first time and the tomatoes are growing like weeds! Some small green tomatoes fell off the vines and I wanted to use them and not let the go to waste, so I created this recipe. - KathyLee
- 5-6 Small to medium green heirloom tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 2-3 tablespoons Canola or desired oil
- Small box Panko Crumbs
- 2 Eggs
- 2 tablespoons Water
- 1 small bottle Organic Ranch Dressing
- 1 block of Parmesan cheese
- Chili Powder
- Salt and pepper
- Dredge sliced tomatoes in a mixture of eggs and water, then dredge in bowl of Panko Crumbs that have been seasoned with salt and pepper. Coat well.
- Add oil to large pan and heat on medium to medium high.
- Put tomatoes in pan and season well with salt, pepper and chili powder. Fry until golden brown on both sides.
- Drain on paper towels then place tomatoes on pretty platter.
- Drizzle with Ranch Dressing, then grate Parmesan Cheese on top. Enjoy!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe Using Heirloom Tomatoes