If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I love to grow tomatoes, especially heirlooms, and have 26 varieties this year. There is nothing prettier than a multi-colored display of fresh tomatoes & this recipe brings the effect into a modified Caprese salad. —Hoen
Serves 6 - 8
- 1 cup red quinoa
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 8 ounces fresh mozzarella balls (Bocconcini), drained
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves, torn
- 4 cups heirloom cherry tomatoes in a variety of colors (examples – Sungold, Sweet Million,
- salt and pepper, to taste
- - In a medium saucepan, combine red quinoa, broth and garlic. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to a simmer, cover & cook 10 – 15 minutes until all broth is absorbed. Cool and set aside.
- - In a small bowl, combine balsamic vinegar and olive oil.
- - In a large mixing bowl, combine the cooked quinoa, dressing, mozzarella cheese balls, basil and heirloom cherry tomatoes. Salt and pepper, to taste.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe Using Heirloom Tomatoes
The Spice is Right
Recipes that put a dent in that za'atar stash
Za'atar: the spice with zip.
What to eat and listen to tonight.
We've got the summer blues.
The knots you should know.
Have a ball (jar).