If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A few weeks ago, I tested homebytherange’s Basil Beans recipe (which is divine, by the way). One of the best things about that experience was all the garlic basil confit oil that I had leftover to use for my own devices. I had invited some friends for dinner and had to come up with a salad. With summer fresh nectarines bountiful, blue cheese left over from my own recipe escapades and the garlic basil confit oil – this is now my go-to-summer salad – I have been eating a version of it every night for about a week! My latest version included making the garlic oil using rosemary instead of basil and it is equally good with this salad. Note: The garlic basil (or rosemary) oil is extremely perishable and should be kept in the refrigerator for no longer than a week.
for the dressing
- 1/2 cup garlic basil confit oil (homebytherange's recipe on food52)
- 1/4 cup of your best balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- sea salt to taste
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
for the salad
- 4 cups arugula, washed and thoroughly dried (roughly torn if leaves are large)
- 4 cups mixed baby greens, washed and thoroughly dried
- 2-3 firm, ripe nectarines, halved, cut into wedges and chopped
- 1/2 cup favorite mild blue cheese, crumbled
- 6-8 French Breakfast radishes, washed, trimmed, halved lengthwise and sliced into wedges
- Combine dressing ingredients in a small jar with a lid. Cover lid and shake well to emulsify.
- Combine arugula and mixed baby greens in a large salad bowl. Top with nectarine pieces, radishes and blue cheese. Add dressing to taste, toss and enjoy.
No Laffy Matter
How to make peanut butter salt water taffy
How to make salt water taffy.
Independence Day, the no-recipe way.
Free shipping! Use code FIREWORKS.
Just for the halibut.
Savor the season.