Author Notes: I love the pairing of sweet and hot, and I love the pairing of plums and pork. I tinkered with this sauce until I got it to the point I liked it; then, when I spooned it over the crispy, thin loin chops and topped it with some fresh plum slices, I LOVED it. Lots of extra sauce, which I plan to try on seafood...and chicken...and drizzled over risotto.... - Kayb
- 8 boneless pork loin chops, 1/2 inch thick
- 1 tablespoon neutral oil
- 4-5 large black plums
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 chipotle pepper in adobo
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon powdered ancho chile
- 1-2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1-2 pinch salt
- dashes balsamic vinegar
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- Peel and roughly dice 2 -3 large plums (about 1 cup fruit). Combine in small saucepan with water, honey, peppers and garlic. Bring to a boil, return to a simmer, and cook until fruit is soft and falling apart. Cool slightly,and puree sauce in a blender or with an immersion blender.
- Return sauce to low heat. Taste and season with salt and galsamic vinegar. Add cream and stir. Keep warm until time to serve.
- In a heavy skillet, heat oil to a shimmer and fry pork chops quickly, until golden brown (about 2-3 minutes on a side. Remove to plate.
- Peel and slice two more plums. Serve two chops to a plate, spoon cream sauce over, and garnish with plum slices.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Chili Pepper Recipe
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for Plums