Author Notes: It's summer in summer in the city and that brings out the lazy in my cooking. This month I'm all about easy, simple dishes that make the most of fresh ingredients and don't involve cranking up the stove. This is as easy as it gets. - LizC - LizC
Food52 Review: Instinctively my mind tells me to top bruschetta with roasted plum tomatoes, not red plums, but after this taste test I will be thinking out of the “plum tomato” box! This recipe is easy—I am mending a fractured shoulder and living proof just how easy the preparation is! Serve this at breakfast or brunch for a beautiful side that gives a burst of crunchy, creamy, salty, zesty and fresh plum sweetness with every bite! - lapadia - A&M
- 4 half-inch slices of crusty country bread
- 2 Red plums, pitted and sliced into thin half moons
- Fresh Italian ricotta (i used the amazing stuff from Salvatore Brooklyn)
- 1 handful arugula
- 1/8 pound Serrano ham, sliced
- 4 tablespoons Extra virgin olive oil
- Grill the bread on one side
- Slather 2-3 tablespoons of ricotta on each slice of grilled bread
- Layer a few slices of serrano ham on each toast. Sprinkle arugula leaves on top of the ricotta. Do the same with the plum slices.
- Drizzle a tablespoon of olive oil on each toast. Grind black pepper on top.