If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Balsamic Beef Kabob Flatbread Sandwiches. Seriously... these rock. No joke. You need to make them... like now! - mtlabor
Makes 8 kabob sandwiches
- 1 & 1/2 pounds sirloin, cut into strips
- 2 onions, each cut into 8 wedges
- 1/2 pound cherry heirloom tomatoes
- 1/4 cup olive oil, plus 2 tablespoons
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon rosemary
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 pieces of flatbread
- butter (optional)
- about 8 skewers
- If you're using wooden skewers, you wanna let them soak for at least 30 minutes.
- To prepare the marinade for the beef, combine the balsamic vinegar, olive oil, rosemary, garlic, salt, and pepper in shallow dish. Stir until well incorporated and add beef strips. Coat strips well and try to arrange in single layer. Cover with plastic wrap and let sit in fridge for at least 30 minutes to marinate.
- Prepare charcoal grill to medium high heat.
- To prepare skewers, arrange about 4-5 beef strips in center and place 1 onion wedges on both ends of skewers.
- The cherry tomatoes were so fragile and pretty, I didn't want them to get skewered, cook too fast, and just fall apart. So I opted to wrap them in a foil packet with 2 tablespoons of olive oil and place on indirect heat on the grill, for about 15-20 minutes, or until the tomatoes barely started to wrinkle.
- Grill the skewers for about 10 minutes or so, for a good medium, or a little less if you like it more medium rare.
- Toast the flatbreads on the grill for about 1-2 minutes per side, just enough to get them slightly crisp.
- I like to unskewer everything and just mix it all up. That way, you can just take some tongs and throw in a random mix of ingredients!
- Lightly butter inside of flatbreads, if you wish, and add kabob meat, onion wedges, and a few cherry tomatoes and you've got yourself one hell of a delicious sandwich.
Prep Makes Perfect
Put your best pan forth.
Prep your pans for perfection.
Make better coffee.
Breakfast: a worldly affair.
An Instameet by the Bay (Area).
Stop the soap opera.