Author Notes: Nutella + Chocolate. Do I really need to say any more? - MadisonMayberry
Makes 2 dozen
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup Nutella
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped hazelnuts
- Additional melted chocolate, if desired
- Preheat oven to 375°F. With an electric mixer, beat butter until creamy. Add in the sugar and beat until fluffy, 1 to 2 minutes. Add in the egg and beat until combined. Beat in the Nutella, baing soda, baking powder, salt, and vanilla until well combined.
- Beat in the flour until just combined. Stir in the chocolate chips and chopped hazelnuts by hand. Scoop dough by large tabelspoons and form into balls. Place, about 2 inches apart, on a lightly greased baking sheet and bake for 8 to 10 minutes, until edges are crispy and center is still slightly soft. Remove from oven and cool 10 minutes on baking sheet. Finishing cooling on wire rack.