If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This basically translates to corn with pepper strips. My mom makes many corn and "blank" concoctions and this is one of my favorites. It's maybe like creamed Mexican style, although I have to be honest I've never to my memory had creamed corn. This concoction is great as a taco or quesadilla or as stuffing for chiles rellenos. Or you could just eat it plain in a bowl...or out of the pan... - beccaRex
- 2 poblano/pasilla peppers
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 fresh corn, kernels cut off
- 1/2 cup chicken/veggie broth or water
- splash cream/whole milk
- 1/4 pound queso fresco, cubed
- Char the peppers. Poblano pepper skins have a slightly bitter taste so you need to get it off. In order to do this you have 2 options. If you have a gas stove that produces a flame, char the peppers over the flame until the skin is black and blistered over the whole pepper. I have an electric stove so what I do is set the oven to broil and move one of the racks up to the very top. Broil the peppers, rotating as soon as the skin by the broiler is black, until it's charred on all sides. Put the charred peppers in a plastic bag or in a bowl covered in plastic as soon as they're done being charred to steam it so the skin peels off easily.
- Peel the peppers. Some peppers are a little spicy so wearing gloves could be useful. Peel all the skin off the peppers. Then remove the stem, seeds and veins. Slice into strips.
- Heat some olive or vegetable oil over medium heat in a pan big enough to hold all the corn and peppers. Saute the onion until clear and fragrant. Add the corn kernels, peppers and broth. Simmer covered for about 15 minutes. Add the splash of cream and remove from heat. Stir in cheese and enjoy.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Corn Recipe
A wedding party you can pull off.
Orecchiette with a bite.
Treats for your beach bag.
Grind it up.
You won't be board with this game.