If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I think the name says it all: it’s peppery, it’s tangy, it’s corny-sweet, and it’s delicious. Adding a little ricotta salata (one of my favorite cheeses) does the perfect trick for adding just a touch of creaminess.
- 2 ears yellow corn
- 2.5 c arugula
- 1/4 c red onion, diced
- 1/4 c ricotta salata, grated
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 4-5 basil leaves, chopped
- fresh ground pepper to taste
- pinch of salt
- Boil corn ears for 3 minutes, then submerge in an ice bath. Once cooled, shave the corn and put aside. In a large salad bowl, add the arugula and red onion. Add the ricotta, olive oil, lemon juice, basil, fresh ground pepper, and salt. Now add the corn. (You may be wondering why the corn isn’t tossed in first with the arugula. Good question! You don’t want to welt the arugula by having a few warm corn corn kernels.) Serve at room temperature.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Corn Recipe
Toppings That Are out of the Park
How to make one haute dog
Out of the park toppings.
Life's a beach.
It's time to travel.
Food blog links we love.
Put cake on a pedestal.