Author Notes: Here is my variation on the classic French theme of radish-sea salt-sweet butter-baguette. I have included a photo of my radishes and favorite flaked sea salt. Allow the cream cheese to warm up on your counter for a few hours before preparing this snack. - Lizthechef - Lizthechef
Food52 Review: We really loved this recipe -- it’s a great starter recipe for those of us who have only eaten radishes with salt or in salad. The creamy cheese and herb mix is a great foil to the spicy crunchy radishes, and that little bit a flaked salt on top just makes it that much better. We ate this up during the game Saturday night -- a perfect snack! - aargersi - A&M
Makes 2 cups
- 1 small bunch of medium-sized radishes, 8 to 10 radishes
- 3 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- 1 8-ounce block of cream cheese, room temperature
- Zest of one small lemon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 3 tablespoons creme fraiche
- Toasted baguette slices
- Flaked sea salt
- Clean, trim, and thinly slice the radishes. Place in a bowl and add the parsley, dill, and chives.
- In another bowl, combine the softened cream cheese with the lemon zest, pepper, and creme fraiche. Mix well.
- Add the radish-herb mixture to the creamy spread and gently combine.
- Spread on toasted baguette slices and garnish with sea salt. Serve.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Fresh Herbs
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Radishes or Turnips
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Radish Recipe