Author Notes: This dough makes a 9 or 10 inch double crust pie, and is one that I acquired from a source forgotten; it is written for using a food processor, so make adjustments if needed. - lapadia
Makes 2 disks
- 1 cup unsalted butter, cubed and chilled
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 8-10 tablespoons ice water
- Put the butter, flour and salt in the food processor, pulse lightly until the mixture resembles wet looking fine particles (some recipes say pea sized).
- Add water, 1 tablespoon at a time, pulsing a couple times after each tablespoon.
- Keep adding water until the dough just starts to gather into larger clumps.
- Split the dough in half and place into 2 re-sealable plastic bags, pat each into a disk.
- Let sit in the refrigerator for 30 minutes…at least.
- Remove 1 of the disks to a flour work surface. Roll out to a 10 or 11 inch round. Fit the dough into a 9 or 10 inch pie pan.
- Add filling to the bottom crust. Roll out and cover with the 2nd disk of dough, seal and crimp.
- Brush top crust with a milk & cream mixture and make slits throughout to let the steam escape.
- Copy and Paste this link for pictured instructions: http://lapadia.wordpress.com/2010/09/13/pie-crust/