If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This dough makes a 9 or 10 inch double crust pie, and is one that I acquired from a source forgotten; it is written for using a food processor, so make adjustments if needed. - lapadia
Makes 2 disks
- 1 cup unsalted butter, cubed and chilled
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 8-10 tablespoons ice water
- Put the butter, flour and salt in the food processor, pulse lightly until the mixture resembles wet looking fine particles (some recipes say pea sized).
- Add water, 1 tablespoon at a time, pulsing a couple times after each tablespoon.
- Keep adding water until the dough just starts to gather into larger clumps.
- Split the dough in half and place into 2 re-sealable plastic bags, pat each into a disk.
- Let sit in the refrigerator for 30 minutes…at least.
- Remove 1 of the disks to a flour work surface. Roll out to a 10 or 11 inch round. Fit the dough into a 9 or 10 inch pie pan.
- Add filling to the bottom crust. Roll out and cover with the 2nd disk of dough, seal and crimp.
- Brush top crust with a milk & cream mixture and make slits throughout to let the steam escape.
- Copy and Paste this link for pictured instructions: http://lapadia.wordpress.com/2010/09/13/pie-crust/
What's In, What's Out
What we're obsessed with, and what we're not.
What's in, what's out.
It's Snack Time
Whiskey Peach Smash
Wedding registry must haves.