Author Notes: A friend made this recipe for a picnic and we all devoured them. They moved away and before they left I made sure I had the recipe - so of course, now it's "my" recipe. I've made it for every party I've been invited to and always for family gatherings. I've made these wings in California and Greece for friends and family and have never found one person who didn't drool over them. The secret is to burn them a little, so be sure you remember that step. - Antigone
Serves 5 up to ??? depends on the group
- 18 chicken wings
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup lemon juice (bottled)
- alot of garlic powder
- Buy party wings or wingettes (chicken wings already cut up)- you don't want the tips
- Mix together the soy sauce, honey, lemon juice and garlic powder.
- Put the wings into the mixture and marinate over night
- Place the wing pieces into a baking pan (I use a tin foil pan) in one layer, don't pile them onto the pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes and then broil them on each side so that each side gets a little burnt. Don't be afraid of their getting a little black, that's what brings out the flavor
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Chicken Wings
Tags: serves a crowd